Family Practice Billing Services
Going by the recent statistical result – 208 million visits to family physicians each year – the relevance of family medicine to the U.S. health care system had never been more pronounced. Family Physicians – delivering a range of acute, chronic and preventive medical care services – have a patient base unmatched by any other medical specialty. Family Medicine’s enormous reach entails judicious billing and coding for optimum reimbursement of medical bills, absence of which will adversely impact physicians’ revenues and medical efficiency, and the healthcare system at large.
Fortunately, Family Physicians can fall back on qualified and experienced billers and coders – certified by AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders), well versed in ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding based on CMS and AMA guidelines, and HIPAA privacy compliance– to mitigate such an adverse scenario. Our billers and coders, who fit the bill, have been favorites of a majority of leading Family Physicians, clinics, diagnostic centers, and hospitals.
You can also match your requirements with the skills of our expert Family Medicinebillers in your area.
Did you know?
- Family Practitioners using consultation CPT Codes 90241 to 99248, will be accepted by commercial payers but not be accepted by Medicare; hence Family Practitioners engaging Medicare Patients should be aware of this fact to avoid denials
- Family Practitioners providing an office visit take a decision of surgery on the same day; need to use modifier 57 for the decision of surgery in order to be reimbursed
- E&M Modifiers 24, 25 and 57 if used accurately provide 100% reimbursement- to Family Practitioners providing any additional service to patients along with an office visit. Hence Family Practitioners can benefit with maximum reimbursements; by making optimal use of these modifiers
Ideally Phasing Family Medicine Medical Reimbursement Cycle
Traversing the comprehensive procedure involved in billing and coding, our Family Medicine reimbursement experts have been known for their ideal phasing of reimbursement process into:
- Primary Phase, in which patient enrolling, insurance verification and authorization are carried out.
- Secondary Phase, in which billing Family Physicians’ diverse services are translated into honest bills using advanced medical billing softwares such as Lytec, Medic, Misys, Medisoft, and NextGen.
- Tertiary Phase, in which our Family Medicine billing and coding experts translate aptly billed diverse services – acute, chronic and preventive medical care services; diagnosis and treatment of internal illness, preventive care, including routine checkups, health-risk assessments, immunization and screening tests; personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle; treatment of chronic illness, often in coordination with other subspecialists; and prenatal care services – into complying codes (as per AMA and CMS guidelines)for error-free, denial-free, and optimum reimbursement of Family Physicians’ Medical bills.
There has also been diligent application of suitable modifiers to mitigate undesirable return of claimsform insurance carriers. Consequently, there has a successful track-record of processing Family Medicine bills with the leading private insurance carriers such as Unitedhealth, Wellpoint, Aetna, Humana, HCSC, Blue Cross Group, and Government sponsored Medicare and Medicaid as well.
With the sole objective of achieving maximum end-to-end Family Medicine services claim reimbursement, our Family Medicine Coding and Billing Specialists set themselves high standards in professional efficiency. Having to meet the Family Medicine Practitioners’ expectancy level amidst stringent coding and billing system, our professionals continually upgrade their competence to match ‘best practices in medical coding and billing’ for Family Medicine services.
Family Medicine physicians who opted for outsourcing their medical billing with our efficient billing and coding services, have stood to gain in terms of revenues, patient influx and referrals, and benchmarking their medical efficiency.
Related Stuff on Family Practice Billing