Gastroenterology Billing Services
Tracing the growth of Gastroenterology
Over the years, gastroenterology has evolved into a highly lucrative practice. While path breaking advances in diagnostic and treatment procedures have helped physicians sustain higher level of clinical quality, progressive increase in patient visits may have made medical billing more stressful. This could have been the reason for frequent instances of your medical claims being delayed, denied, or underpaid for what your payors perceive to be billing errors or insufficient coding.
But, with our proven gastroenterology medical billing at your service, you can expect to mitigate those undesirable instances of delay, denial, or underpayment. Our certified and experienced billing experts are known to have ensured error-free coding, faster submission, and denial-free realization of claims from health insurance carriers across the 50 states in the U.S.
Did you know?
- CPT code 43234 (Upper GI simple examination) has been replaced in 2013 by CPT code 43235 (Upper GI includes esophagus, stomach, & either the duodenum and/or jejunum as appropriate; diagnostic)
- In 2013 CPT code 43206 is applied for similar purpose as CPT code 88375 (used for optical endomicroscopic imaging) but both are mutually exclusive
- Our experts have updated themselves with CPT code 91111 (using capsule endoscopy) revised in 2013 by CPT code 91112 (using wireless capsule endoscopy with pressure measurements)
You can also match your requirements with the skills of our expert gastroenterology billers in your area.
MBC’s qualitative credentials
Our gastroenterology medical billing services are administered by professionals with a fine blend of qualification and experience. Here is quick glance of our affiliates’ credentials:
- Certification from The American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Familiar with medical billing software such as Lytec, Medic, Misys, Medisoft, NextGen, and many more
- Trained on coding software such as EncoderPro, FLashcode, CodeLink, etc.
- Being able to apply standard CPT, HCPCS procedure and supply codes, and ICD-CM diagnosis coding as per CMS guidelines
- Successful track-record of processing medical bills with leading commercial carriers such as United health, WellPoint, Aetna, Humana, HCSC, Blue Cross Group, etc.
- Ability to negotiate successfully with Medicare and state-specific Medicaid policies.
MBC billing and coding for diverse procedures
Impressed with pre-qualifications that match the best in the industry, majority of gastroenterology physicians have reposed their firm faith in our billing and coding competencies. Here is an elaborative list of diverse diagnostic and treatment procedures billed, coded, submitted, followed-up, and claimed with multiple health insurance payors:
- Biliary malfunction such as acalculous cholecystitis, acalculous cholecystopathy, etc
- Colon malfunction such as acute megacolon, amebiasis, angiodysplasia of the colon, bacterial gastroenteritis, etc
- Esophagus malfunction such as achalasia, cytomegalovirus esophagitis, esophageal diverticula, etc
- Intestinal malfunction afferent loop syndrome, ascariasis, balantidiasis, etc.
- Liver malfunction such as acute liver failure, alcoholic fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, etc.
- Pancreas malfunction such as acute pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic divisum, pancreatic trauma, etc.
- Stomach malfunction abdominal compartment syndrome, achlorhydria, acute gastritis, etc.
- Systemic diseases such as antibiotic therapy for peritonitis, ascites, chylothorax crohn disease, etc.
Value delivery to physicians
The gastroenterology practitioners who lent preference to our billing and coding competencies – complete with accurate charge-capture, intricate procedure coding, electronic filing of claims, patient billing, multi-tiered appeal process, denial elimination initiatives, and compliance standards – have been able to witness simplification of revenue cycle, appreciable increase in collection rates, more patient inflow and referrals, and Increased avenue for medical research and development.
Related Stuff on Gastroenterology Billing