Orthopedic Medical Billing Services
MBC billers, specializing in orthopedic billing, understand your pain-points better than anyone else. That is why they are continuously evolving with billing reforms and technology so that there would be fewer claim rejections. As a result, they can be expected to perform a host of services such as:
- Assigning correct and accurate codes to multiple procedures
- Providing both electronic and paper billing
- Regular code audit checks to apply appropriate codes
- Analyzing accounts to prevent blockages in cash flows
- Follow up with payers for pending payouts
- Generating daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting
Did you know?
- While billing for CPT code A5500 (diabetic shoe fitting and modification left and right foot) use of the KX modifier is mandatory in order to be reimbursed
- Our team is aware of the importance of the KX modifier for CPT code L3030 (foot inserts removable) in order to avoid rejection from payers - L3030LTKX (left foot) and L3030RTKX (right foot)
- Our experts understand that modifier RT & LT is not applicable while billing for CPT code 97597 (Removal of devitalized tissue) for up to 20 square centimeters, irrespective of left or right foot
Match your requirements with the skills of the hundreds of our expert orthopedic billers in your area.
Effective and streamlined coding
Special attention is given to coding so as to make billing error-free. Orthopedic practices may be required to perform numerous clinical activities: non-surgical orthopedics such as physiotherapy, chiropractic, occupational therapy, podiatry, and kinesiology; surgical orthopedics such as hand surgery, shoulder and elbow surgery, total joint reconstruction (arthroplasty), pediatric orthopedics, foot and ankle surgery, spine surgery, musculoskeletal oncology, surgical sports medicine, and orthopedic trauma. Given the high-cost value of these procedures, it is critical to have them accurately coded so as to avoid being denied or underpaid for coding inaccuracy. Our coders, knowledgeable of the entire coding system, can ensure highest coding accuracy.
Impeccabl billing and codineg credentials
Our orthopedic billing services are driven by specialists who have an impressive repertoire of credentials. Here is quick glance of our affiliates’ credentials:
- Certification from The American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Familiar with medical billing software such as Lytec, Medic, Misys, Medisoft, NextGen, and many more
- Trained on coding software such as EncoderPro, FLashcode, CodeLink, etc.
- Being able to apply standard CPT, HCPCS procedure and supply codes, and ICD-CM diagnosis coding as per CMS guidelines
- Successful track-record of processing medical bills with leading commercial carriers such as United health, WellPoint, Aetna, Humana, HCSC, Blue Cross Group, etc.
- Ability to negotiate successfully with Medicare and state-specific Medicaid policies.
Improving your revenue management cycle through pertinent intervention
Traversing a sequential order – patient enrollment, scheduling, insurance verification, insurance authorizations, scheduling and re-scheduling, coding, billing and reconciling of accounts – our medical billing process can add value in terms of simplicity in submission and retrieval of documents, pre-audit on coding, real-time report generation, application of suitable modifiers, etc.
Thus, our medical billing service – complete with accurate charge-capture, intricate procedure coding, electronic filing of claims, patient billing, multi-tiered appeal process, denial elimination initiatives, and compliance standards – is the prescription for simplification of your revenue cycle, appreciable increase in collection rates, more patient inflow and referrals, and increased avenue for medical research and development.
Quite expectedly, orthopedic physicians who have chosen to engage our billing specialists have been able to make the crucial value-additions: appreciation in practice revenues and clinical efficiency.