ICD-10 News: Contact List for Providers with Questions About Medicare and Medicaid
On October 1 the United States health care community transitioned to ICD-10. Recognizing that providers may still need help with the transition, CMS has issued a new ICD-10 Resource Guide and Contact List to help them find answers to their questions.
CMS remains committed to working with the community on the transition. Help is available if you experience any challenges using ICD-10. To locate ICD-10 information and contacts quickly:
- Step 1 Find resources on our CMS ICD-10 website and Road to 10 online tool.
Step 2 Contact your MAC for Medicare claims questions. Your MAC is your first line for Medicare claims help. MACs cannot respond to questions about Medicaid or commercial health plans.
- If you have a Medicaid claim question contact your state Medicaid agency.
- If you have a commercial or private health plan claim question, please contact your health plan directly.
- The new ICD-10 Resource Guide and Contact List gives MAC and Medicaid contact info organized by state.
- Step 3 Contact the ICD-10 Ombudsman for questions. The ICD-10 Ombudsman is an impartial advocate with a dedicated team of experts to answer your questions. Responses will typically be sent within 3 business days of receipt.
Keep Up to Date on ICD-10
Visit the CMS ICD-10 website and Roadto10.org for the latest news and resources, including the ICD-10 Quick Start Guide. Sign up for CMS ICD-10 Email Updates and follow us on Twitter.