Highest Number of Billers & Coders Employed By California, Texas & Florida In 2011
With the advent of electronic health records (EHR) the demand for the number for medical billers and coders is poised to increase especially as the use of EHR becomes more prominent.
However the number of medical billers and coders in a certain state is also largely dependent on the size of the medical industry, with certain states depicting higher employment figures compared to others.
Regions which hired the maximum number of medical billers & coders in 2011 -
- States - The state of California in 2011 employed the maximum number of medical records and health information technicians in US, with Healthcare organizations in California hiring 17,470 individuals in the profession; followed by Texas, Florida, New York and Illinois
- Cities - According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the Chicago metropolitan area led the way amongst the cities and employed 5,310 health information technicians, followed by Los Angeles, New York, Houston and Phoenix
Upcoming Opportunities for medical billers and coders -
Although the upcoming opportunity for medical billing and coding jobs is high across all US states, job availability, can vary depending on - location, economy, and employer.
- According to BLS employment of medical records and health information technicians will grow by 21% from 2010 to 2020, which is faster than average for all occupations
- High opportunities expected due to the anticipated increase in demand for specialists within the next few years
- Demand for allied health care positions is already up and will further increase, due to the aging US population which has a greater need for healthcare
Area wise opportunity – Generally these US cities offer the largest numbers of billing & coding jobs:
|New York NY||Houston TX|
|Boston MA||Pittsburgh PA|
|Seattle WA||York PA|
|Atlanta GA||Baltimore MD|
|Phoenix AZ||Billings MT|
|Chicago IL||Dallas TX|
|Los Angeles CA||Philadelphia PA|
MBC offers Medical Coders an avenue to grasp these opportunities!
Medical Coding Specialists can have access to numerous suitable opportunities through Medicalbillersandcoders - wide network across all the states with higher demand; along with all the urban and rural states across US. Our job board provides a platform to acquire jobs across all 50 states in various healthcare organizations.
MBC’s specialists constantly trained and with easy access to regular industry updates are able to provide solutions to healthcare providers across all specialties & states. Being able to solely concentrate on sharpening their skills they can easily help providers obtain maximum revenue on time.