Chiropractic medicine has evolved exponentially in the past decade with changing lifestyle of the masses. With increasing patient walk-in and improving avenues of care that can be offered by chiropractics, it becomes essential for this alternate mode of healthcare to adopt mainstream billing procedures and EHR/EMR in their operations.
Electronic Health Records and Electronic Medical Records in addition to billing-specific software assist inefficient data recording as well as data transfer. Recent health regulations have increased the focus of government and insurance carriers on compliance with healthcare standards.
EHR/EMR not only assists in the execution of regular administrative functions but also adds value to your chiropractic medical billing by categorically saving and reporting relevant information. Chiropractic clinics become eligible for EHR stimulus by practicing and showing meaningful use of EHR. Medicare and Medicaid claim settlement percentages also improve successively for those medical practices that adopt EMR and software-driven medical billing practices.
Medical billing practices adapted to automation can benefit most in terms of:
- Electronic Claim Processing – Claim processing is the most time-consuming and attention-demanding process. Automation of this process can drastically reduce errors as well as improve the processing time
- Patient complaint registration and recording of documentation on a real-time basis – Chiropractic clinics rely heavily on patient satisfaction in terms of service expectation and service delivery. To account for any gap in the care provided by the chiropractor, it is important to record patient complaints and remedy them on a real-time basis.
- Easy record transfer with complete adherence to compliance – Adherence to HIPAA compliance and other healthcare regulations can be effectively ensured by adopting need-specific billing software.
- Scheduling of patient appointments and procedures, with built-in appointment reminders – Appointment cancellation and rescheduling is the most recurrent phenomenon in chiropractic which leads to decreased control over the revenue cycle. With automation of appointment scheduling, better monitoring of patient inflow can be done and loss of revenue can be checked.
- Maintaining deductibles tracker – Deductibles have a direct impact on the overall profitability of your chiropractic clinic.
- Generation of medical reports – End of week and end of month medical reports can be generated with the help of medical billing software which can add value to your overall administration as well as financial operations.
- Managing office statistics as well as coding changes in the medical billing system – Chiropractic medical coding involves both ICD 10 and CPT changes. To include both effectively in billing processes, it is important to have a continually updating system.
- Generating customized sentences and chart notes – Chiropractic patient interaction depends heavily on subjective evaluation of the cause of pain and recording of the same. Every Chiropractor needs these customized notes in subsequent appointments with patients to ensure consistent care and service.
Medicalbillersandcoders.com is a medical billing service provider that not only caters to your specialty-specific needs but also assists you in adopting software-driven medical billing practices for efficient coding and billing. Regular updating of coding changes, subjective data recording, appointment rescheduling can all be customized by MBC as per your need and requirement.