Patient billing is one of the major complaints that patients have when it comes to the total experience of getting medical care. If your hospital is relating patient satisfaction to the patient’s clinical experience, an important aspect is being missed out. How your patients will assess their overall quality of care will depend majorly on their billing and payment experience.
Every successful interaction your medical office will have with the patients (from the time of appointment scheduling till the bill is paid in full) will help your hospital achieve excellent patient satisfaction results.
What needs to be done?
- Hire well-trained medical office staff
- Create a team of certified coders and billers
- Improve front-end processes
- Perform workflow and productivity assessment of the in-house staff
- Provide training and development to medical office staff
- Enhance communication methods with the patients
Apart from low operating costs, improved policy compliance and cash performance; streamlined medical billing services are extremely vital for ensuring patient satisfaction.
How to streamline medical billing tasks?
Considering the huge initiatives and projects towards digitization of processes in hospitals, including revenue cycle management and electronic medical records, hospitals are outsourcing their billing and collection tasks. This is being done to ensure efficiency in these essential healthcare functions. Streamlined medical billing will not only strengthen the cash flow for hospitals but also improve patient satisfaction, vital for running the business.
Benefits of outsourcing hospitalist medical billing tasks:
- If any of the in-house staff resigns or goes on a long leave or your hospital’s onsite technology falls behind industry principles, your RCM as well as patients will suffer. However, if hospitals choose to seek help from a medical billing company, staff and physicians can concentrate on provision of quality care rather than worrying about burdensome tasks like medical billing and collection
- A reputed billing company will make use of the latest technology for handling billing and coding tasks, eliminating the need for hospitals to invest in the latest health IT. Revenue saved can be used by the hospital in buying the necessary equipment and hiring trained workforce
- Through outsourcing, your hospital can get payment for services promptly. Staff will not have to waste time in asking for payments and instead they can use that time to fulfil all the above-mentioned requirements for achieving excellent patient satisfaction results
- Certified billing companies are compliant with the latest laws in the healthcare industry such as Health Care Reform Bill and HIPAA. They make sure that all laws are followed when handling your revenue cycle management
Medicalbillersandcoders.com is a reputed billing company, offering successful hospitalist medical billing services across the US. We have the largest consortium of billers and coders who are experts at handling services like RCM, consultancy and denial management for small as well as large hospitals. You can handover your hospitalist medical billing requirements to our well-trained team as it will not only streamline your billing tasks but also improve your cash flow and enhance patient satisfaction.